|Season 9, episode # 6|
When Archie and Edith go on a weekend fishing trip with the Hefners, Barney and Blanche's constant bickering, triggered during a game of Monopoly, makes for miserale weekend for all, especially Archie in "Weekend in the Country" in Season 9 (episode #9).
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||October 29, 1978|
|Production code||903 (9x6)|
|Written by:||Phil Sharp & Milt Josefsberg|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Allan Melvin|
|IMDb:||All in the Family|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Edith's Final Respects"||"Archie's Other Wife"|
Weekend in the Country is the sixth episode of Season 9 of All in the Family, and the 187th overall episode in the series. Written by Phil Sharp and Milt Josefsberg, the episode, which was directed by Paul Bogart, originally aired on CBS-TV on October 29, 1978.
|"Weekend in the Country"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
During a weekend in a fishing cabin, a disagreement over a Monopoly game has the men and women sleeping in separate bedrooms.
Archie and Edith accompany the Hefners to a cabin in the woods. But Barney and Blanche aren't having very good luck trying to patch up their tumultuous marriage, and it isn't long before the Bunkers are caught in an explosive argument. When Blanche refuses to allow Barney to sleep in her bed that night, Barney is forced to bunk with Archie. The opportunity allows Blanche to air her grievances to Edith, who successfully persuades her to give things one more try.==Did You Know?==
- At around 6 minutes the first scene at the cabin shares a number of similarities to a scene in The Sopranos: Soprano Home Movies (2007) of The Sopranos (1999). In both scenes: two married couples play Monopoly; refer to money as "simoleons"; disagree over the rules and have an argument leading to the end of the game.
- The title is from a song title used in the musical "A Little Night Music". The stage version of "A Little Night Music" opened at the Shubert Theater in New York on Feb. 23, 1973 and ran for 601 performances.
- Archie: Didn't anybody try to warn you about Blanche before you got married to her?
- Barney: Yeah, a couple of people. But I didn't pay any attention to them. 'Cause I knew they didn't like her from the beginning.
- Archie: Who were they?
- Barney: Her mother and father!
- Blanche: Don't fight, Boys, try to be happy together.
- Archie & Barney: (to Blanche) Ah, shut up!
- Archie: Wait, you can't escape me in the toilet. Hey, don't do nothing yet. If I was the last man on Earth and you was the last woman, I would go to bed with a bush.
- Archie: [playing Monopoly] Mortgage some of your houses there or sell your property.
- Blanche: No, if I do that I'll lose money and I won't collect any rent. You know, he'd lend it to me if he wasn't so cheap.
- Barney: It's not a matter of cheap, it's against the rules of the game.
- Blanche: No, it's cause you're so cheap. After all, rules are made to be broken.
- Barney: Well, you ought to know.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker (credited only)
- Danielle Brisebois as Stephanie Mills
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
More External Links