|Season 4, episode # 17|
|"Archie Bunker's Place" episode|
|Series:||Archie Bunker's Place|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||January 30, 1983|
|Written by:||Andy Guerdat & Steve Kreinberg|
|Directed by:||Gary Shimokawa|
|Guest starring:||Jeff Corey|
|IMDb:||The Red Herring|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Relief Bartender"||"The Boys' Night Out"|
The Red Herring was the 17th episode of Season 4 of Archie Bunker's Place TV series and also the 90th overall episode in the series. Directed by Gary Shimokawa, and written by Andy Guerdat and Steve Kreinberg, the episode was originally aired on CBS-TV on January 30, 1983.
|"The Red Herring"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Archie throws a party for Mr. Van Ranseller, but when Van Ranseller's communist friends drop in, Archie becomes upset.
Archie is shocked and angered when he finds out his close friend, Mr. Van Ranseleer, may have been a member of the communist party.
Did You Know?
- The title refers to something that is used to distract from the main issue of discussion.
- Brendan Dillon originated the role of Tommy Kelsey, whom Archie purchased Kelsey's Bar from on All in the Family.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Danielle Brisebois as Stephanie Mills
- Jason Wingreen as Harry Snowden
- Allan Melvin as Barney Hefner
- Bill Quinn as Mr. Van Ranseleer
- Denise Miller as Billie Bunker
- Barry Gordon as Gary Rabinowitz
- Abraham Alvarez as Jose Perez
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Joe Rosario as Raoul Rosario
- Jeff Corey as Michael Gorman
- Robert Symonds as Herb Taylor
- Erica Yohn as Rachel Nickerson
- Leon Belasco as Siggy Kelvinsky
- Bob Okazaki as Bruce
- Brendan Dillon as Customer