|Season 6, episode # 11|
Thanksgiving with the Stivics culminates with a big argument over religion between Mike and Archie as to whether Mike and Gloria's baby should be baptized and raised as a Christian in "The Little Atheist" in Season 6 (ep.#11).
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||November 24, 1975|
|Production code||607 (6xx11)|
|Written by:||Lou Derman|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Betty Garrett|
|IMDb:||The Little Atheist|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Gloria Suspects Mike"||"Archie's Civil Rights"|
The Little Atheist was the 11th episode from the sixth season of All in the Family; it was also the 119th overall series episode. Written by Lou Derman, the episode, which was directed by Paul Bogart, first aired on CBS-TV on November 24, 1975.
|"The Little Atheist"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Over Thanksgiving dinner, Archie argues with Mike over whether his and Gloria's baby should be baptized and raised as a Christian; Mike and Gloria feel their child should be allowed to choose his own faith when he is old enough to decide for himself.
If it's a major holiday and Archie and Mike are sitting at the table, it's sure to mean one thing: verbal fireworks. This time, the holiday is Thanksgiving and the topic is the religion of the Stivics' unborn baby. Archie wants to raise his grandchild as a Christian; Mike suggests that the child will make the decision when he or she is old enough to.
Did You Know?
At around 5 minutes into the episode, Gloria is doing an imitation of the famous Laugh-In character Edith Ann. She is another character who much like Archie Bunker is famous for blowing raspberries.
- Archie: [Archie and Edith are next door at Mike and Gloria's house for Thanksgiving dinner] Come on, Edith, we're going home!
- Edith: We ain't had dinner yet!
- Archie: I ain't gonna have dinner, I'm scared to eat in this house.
[Points at Mike]
- Archie: You know what that meathead just done? He gave the Bronx cheer to the Lord, so help me! And he's gonna bring up our grandson to do the same thing!
- Edith: Oh, Archie...
- Archie: [Interrupting Edith] Come on, Edith! Come with me, and don't look back or you'll be turned into a pillow of salt!
- Gloria: [about Archie] Michael, you're very bright. You know the three subjects you should never discuss with him: religion, politics or anything else.
- Dumbo (1941 aanimated film) - Disney movie is mentioned in character dialogue
Cast (in credits order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael 'Meathead' Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
Guest starring/Recurring cast
More External Links