|Season 1, episode # 12|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||December 5, 1972|
|Production code||113 (1x12)|
|Written by:||Arnold Kane & Gordon Farr|
|Directed by:||Bill Hobin|
|Guest starring:||Frank Campanella|
|IMDb:||The Grass Story|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Maude's Reunion"||"The Slumlord"|
The Grass Story was the 12th episode of Season 1 of Maude, also 12th in the series. Written by Arnold Kane and Gordon Farr, the episode, which was directed by Bill Hobin, originally aired on CBS-TV on December 5, 1972.
|"The Grass Story"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Maude and her friends are determined to get arrested in protest after a 17 year-old kid is arrested for possession of marijuana.
Maude stands up for her principles when she hears of a teenager arrested for possession of marijuana. Maude convinces her rich liberal girlfriends to picket with her at the police station, and to get arrested themselves as a symbolic move when the police sees that they are also in possession of the drug. It proves to be a challenge for Maude to "score" some, but when she does, she and Walter fight over it.
Did You Know?
- Maude: Listen darling, I'm so sorry I'm so edgy, but i'm exhausted. I was so nervous about this morning that I didn't sleep a wink last night.
- Walter: Well why didn't you take something, like a couple of Seconals?
- Maude: We're out of Seconals, but I did take two Chloral Hydrates and a Librium and they didn't work.
- Walter: Well, I took two Miltown and a Doriden and I slept like a lamb.
- Maude: ...and snored like a moose. No, I should've taken two Meprobromates with a Nembutal instead of the two Chloral Hydrates with the Librium.
- Arthur: [to Maude] What's this great romance you have going on with Marijuana?
- Maude: Look Arthur, I smoke as much grass as you do... none.
- Carol: Arthur, you've got some nerve, condemning Harold Collins when you're standing here dispensing drugs as if they're going out of style, and on top of it, you're hung over from drinking.
- And Then There's Maude (series theme song)
Lyrics by Marilyn Bergman and Alan Bergman, Music by Dave Grusin, Performed by Donny Hathaway
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Adrienne Barbeau
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Esther Rolle as Florida Evans
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Frank Campanella as Police sergeant
- Brian Morrison as Phillip Traynor, Carol's son
- Elisabeth Fraser as Lorraine
- Robert Ball as Tomato Dealer
- Keith Taylor as Jeff
More External Links