| Season 8, episode # 23|
Having already accepted an invitation to dinner from his future boss, the dean of the college at his professorship job in California, Mike isn't to thrilled to find out that he must cancel his plans to spend a night with Archie as Gloria insists he do as Edith has already prepared for special dinner for the two.
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||March 12, 1978|
|Production code||823 (8x23)|
|Written by:||Mel Tolkin & Larry Rhine|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|IMDb:||The Dinner Guest|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Mike's New Job"|| "The Stivics Go West"|
(Season 8 finale)
|"The Dinner Guest"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Mike and Gloria can't make the special dinner that Edith prepared for the departing Stivics.
On the Stivics' last night in New York, Mike accepts a short notice invitation to have dinner with his new superior, who happens to be in town, this, while Edith prepares a special dinner to honor Mike for his new job. As Mike has unknowingly made other plans beforehand with the dean of the university he is going to work for in California, when he and Gloria they break the news, Edith and Archie both become very upset. So, Mike is forced to hastily change his plans and he and Gloria sit down for Edith's meal, but it soon erupts into another argument between Mike and Archie.
- Note: Part 2 of a three-part story arc concerning the Stivics' plans to move to California.
Did You Know?
- Gloria makes a comparison of Fred Flintstone and Archie; coincidentally Sally Struthers did the voice of Pebbles Flintstone on The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show (1971-1976).
- Mike: Why are you so cruel to midgets? What have they ever done to you?
- Archie: Oh, very little!
- Archie: Can you believe a family of midgets by the name of the Bambinis?
- Gloria: No.
- Archie: Sure. You couldn't tell the parents from the kids until the old man lit up a cigar. They was walking around here talking about lowering all the door knobs!
- Gloria: I hope you didn't say anything to hurt their feelings.
- Archie: No, I think anything I said went right over their heads.
- Archie: That's a great picture there. That's one of the greatest pictures ever made. If I was the Japs, I would give that picture the Jap Academy Reward!
- The Flintstones (TV Series) - Fred Flintstone mentioned
- Soundtrack Credits
- On the Sunny Side of the Street (uncredited)
Written by Dorothy Fields and Jimmy McHugh Portion sung by Jean Stapleton
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker (credited only)
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as [[Gloria Bunker Stivic
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- No guests appear in this episode.