|Season 7, episode # 16|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||January 8, 1977|
|Production code||716 (7x16)|
|Written by:||Mel Tolkin & Larry Rhine|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Liz Torres|
|IMDb:||The Boarder Patrol|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"The Draft Dodger"||"Archie's Chair"|
The Boarder Patrol is the 16th episode of Season 7 of All in the Family, the 148th episode in the series. Written by Mel Tolkin and Larry Rhine, the episode, which was directed by Paul Bogart, originally aired on CBS-TV on January 8, 1977.
|"The Boarder Patrol"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
When Archie and Edith go on a weekend trip to visit relatives for Aunt Iola's 90th birthday, Teresa invites her boyfriend to spend the night. However when Archie and Edith arrive back home earlier than expected, she must find a way to sneak him out of the house without their seeing him.
Teresa and her boyfriend David Schlemmer (Patrick Cronin) decide to spend the night in the Bunker home while Archie and Edith are away to visit Edith's Aunt Iola, as Mike suggested that it would be a good idea to take David home with er, but it turned out to be a really bad idea, as the Bunkers return home unexpectedly. Things gets silly when they Archie and Edith, who missed their Greyhound bus to New Jersey, arrive home, and eventually get ready to go to bed with Teresa and her boyfriend both "trapped" in her bedroom, as Edith, now in a precarious situation when she discovers that Teresa has her boyfriend in her bedroom. A now embarrassed Teresa and Edith both agree that the only course of action is to try to sneak out the visitor before Archie finds out, which they sort of wind up doing as they manage to sneak David out onto the porch as they make it seem that David has just dropped by to see Teresa to take her out, with Archie none the wiser.
Did You Know?
- This is the first episode where Michael 'Meathead' Stivic does not have a mustache.
- The episode title is a parody of the term "border patrol" that guards the frontier of a country for national security purposes searching for both people and goods that are trying to be brought illegally into that country.
- This is the first time a scene takes place in the Bunker's upstairs hallway, previous episodes have at most shown only a part of the hallway through an open bedroom door.
- While Teresa and Brian say they are in love, this episode is the first and last appearance for his character.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker (credited only)
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Liz Torres as Teresa Betancourt
- Patrick Cronin as Brian Schlemmer
- William Lanteau as Clerk
- Juan DeCarlos as Black Man (as Juan De Carlos)
- Douglas Robinson as Man #1 (as Doug Robinson)
- Phillip Mote as Gay Man (uncredited)