|Season 8, episode # 16|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||January 15, 1978|
|Production code||817 (8x16)|
|Written by:||Bob Weiskpof & Bob Schiller|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Danny Dayton|
|IMDb:||Super Bowl Sunday|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"The Commercial"||"Aunt Iola's Visit"|
Super Bowl Sunday was the 16th episode of Season 8 of All in the Family, the 173rd overall episode in the series. Written by Bob Weiskopf and Bob Schiller, the episode, which was directed by Paul Bogart, originally aired on CBS-TV on January 15, 1978.
|"Super Bowl Sunday"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
On Superbowl Sunday, Archie's Place is robbed.
Archie prepares to have a booming business at Archie's Place on Super Bowl Sunday. He has packed sandwiches, bought a projection television, and plans to keep shoveling beer down the customer's throats all night long - even if he has to cheat them to do it. he's even hired Mildred "Boom Boom" Turner, who worked with him at Pendergast Tool & Die, as a waitress, and also organizes a $500 betting pool for the game. During the festivities, however, a couple of guys drop in that nobody in the bar seems to know. They plan to rob the place, "casing the joint" just as the tabs are being collected. Their plan goes off without a hitch and even the added humiliation of having everyone in the bar drop their pants so they can make a clean getaway with everyone's wallets.
Did You Know?
- This episode originally followed Superbowl XII, where the Dallas Cowboys beat the Denver Broncos 27-10.
- The title refers to the day that the Superbowl, the championship game for American football, is play and has turned into a de facto national holiday. The event is usually the most watched television show of the year.
- Super Bowl XII (1978) - Watched by the patrons and all at Archie's Place during the episode
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as [[Gloria Bunker Stivic
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Danny Dayton as Hank Pivnik
- Allan Melvin as Barney Hefner
- Gloria LeRoy as Mildred "Boom Boom" Turner
- Jason Wingreen as Harry Snowden
- Art Metrano as Jack
- Louis Guss as Sam
- J.J. Johnston as Man #1
- Raymond O'Keefe as Man #2
More External Links