|Season 9, episode # 17|
Archie and Edith's opinions differ on how to discipline Stephanie, who's the culprit as a rash of things come up missing in the Bunker household, this after they had a talk with Stephanie's principal after an item was stolen out of her teacher's desk.
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||January 28, 1979|
|Production code||917 (9x17)|
|Written by:||Mel Tolkin & Larry Rhine|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Davis Roberts|
|IMDb:||Stephanie and the Crime Wave|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"The Appendectomy"||"Barney the Gold Digger"|
Stephanie and the Crime Wave was the 17th episodes of Season 9 of All in the Family, the 198th overall episode in the series. Written Mel Tolkin and Larry Rhine , the episode, which was directed by Paul Bogart, originally aired on CBS-TV on January 28, 1979.
|"Stephanie and the Crime Wave"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Archie and Edith are stymied when Archie notices that some of his socks and war memorials have suddenly turned up missing. They realize they have a big problem on their hands when they meet with the principal at Stephanie's school..
Things are missing from the Bunkers' household, and also from Stephanie's teacher. Stephanie is fingered as the culprit, and she readily admits she stole. But then she lets on her anxiety over returning to her father, and that she will have nothing to remember Uncle Archie and Aunt Edith by. Archie wants to spank his niece, but then decides to back off. When Archie meets up with Mr. Ruskin (Davis Roberts), the principal at Stephanie's school who happens to be Black, the scene seems to show signs of the old bigoted Archie in earlier seasons of the series. Anyway, in his talk with Mr. Ruskin, Archie blames Stephanie's behavior on the "lulus" on Edith's side of the family, as Edith, who contradicts him, says there were no thieves in her family.
Did You Know?
- Mr Ruskin: (Stephanie's school principal, in talking with the Bunkers about a wave of stolen articles form the Bunker Home and from school) I'm having some regulatory problems.
- Archie: Oh, just try some Epsom salts. Works for me.
- Archie: Here's my argaroll socks straight from California, made in Taiwan.
- Stephanie: Is Aunt Rose is still sick?
- Archie: No, she has D-Y-E-D.
- Stephanie: You mean D-I-E-D. D-Y-E-D means she changed color.
- Archie: She probably done that too.
- Edith: [talking to Stephanie] Stephie, you can stay with us forever.
- Archie: Not after she get's married. I've had enough of son in-laws under this roof.
- Archie: And remember, don't talk to strangers unless you know them very well.
- Archie: [about bug he finds in the kitchen] There's gonna be a lot more of them things around here since Carter made friends with the Chinks.
- Archie: Hey, Kiddo, do the cockroaches come over here on the big ships or do they fly nowadays?
- Stephanie: I think the American ones are born here.
- Archie: Don't be fresh!
- Archie: I'm gonna wallop her behind and make it look like two Jap flags.
- Archie: You know what else has been missing lately? My little box of war memorials with my sharp-shooters badge, my good conduct medal, purple heart and that piece of Kraut shrapnel the medics took out of my butt. Now who besides you and me would like that?
Archie's socks are missing]
- Edith: Did you look in the top drawer?
- Archie: Certainly I looked in the top drawer.
- Edith: Well they ain't in the top drawer.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Danielle Brisebois as Stephanie Mills
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Davis Roberts as Mr. Ruskin, Principal at Stephanie's school
More External Links