| Season 3, episode # 16|
Archie runs into an old buddy, Bill Mulheron (Larry Storch), a guy who's obsessed with looking young, who's waiting for his young mistress at Kelsey's in "Oh Say can You see" in Season 3 (ep.#16).
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||January 20, 1973|
|Production code||317 (3x16)|
|Teleplay by:||Michael Ross and Bernie West|
|Story by:||Jess Oppenheimer (as Joe Kerr)|
|Directed by:||John Rich & Bob LaHendro|
|Guest starring:|| Bob Hastings|
|IMDb:||Oh Say Can You See|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Archie Goes to the Hospital"||"Archie Goes Too Far"|
|"Oh Say Can You See"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Middle-aged Archie Archie refuses to admit that he's getting older despite the signs, like the fact that he needs glasses - which he refuses - and the fact that he doesn't remember things the same way he use to. In a slump, Archie, after a failed attempt at trying to exercise to lose weight to look younger, decides to drown his sorrows at Kelsey's Bar, when he runs into an old acquaintance, Bill Mulholern (special guest star Larry Storch) who is the same age but looks 20 years younger.
Archie can only envy the eternally youthful outlook of his old friend and contemporary. He is especially impressed that the toupeed, flashily garbed Bill has managed to attract a sexy young bedmate named Tina (Arlene Golonka), who reveals herself to Archie as a "working girl" whom Bill, who's also a married man, pays for, and cheats on his wife regularly with. By episode's end, Archie is made to realize how lucky he is to be spending his declining years with a loving wife a home like Edith.
- Arlene Golonka plays Tina, a role originally slated for Ann Elder.
- Archie's friend Bill makes a reference to Pablo Casals and Pablo Picasso. Both men died later that year.
- The episode title is from the first line of the national anthem of the USA: "Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light, What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?"
Cast (in credits order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
More External Links