|Season 3, episode # 14|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||December 16, 1974|
|Production code||315 (3x14)|
|Teleplay by:||Budd Grossman, Michael Morris & Eliot Shoenman|
|Story by:||Michael Morris|
|Directed by:||Hal Cooper|
|Guest starring:||David Ketchum|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Walter's Ex"||"All Psyched Out"|
Nostalgia Party was the 14th episode of Season 3 of Maude, also the 60th overall episode in the series. Prepared for TV as a teleplay written by Budd Grossman, Michael Morris and Eliot Shoenman from a story penned by Morris, the episode, which was directed by Hal Cooper, premiered on CBS-TV on December 16, 1974.
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Maude thinks up a great idea for a New Year's party when she suggests that the guests dress up as "the best year of their lives." The party leads to an argument between the guests as to why their year is the best.
Walter & Maude host a costume New Year's Eve Party where everyone has to show up in clothing that represents the year they think was the best. Everyone has a different idea of what year was the best as the costumes vary greatly.
Did You Know?
- Carol: [offering a tray of hors d'oeuvres to Aunt Polly] Polly? Want a cracker?
- Vivian: [in character as a little girl with a drink in her hand] My name is Vivian and I'm only five years old.
- Mrs. Naugatuck: Then you shouldn't be drinking!
Cast (in credits order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Adrienne Barbeau
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Rue McClanahan as Vivian Harmon
- Hermione Baddeley as Mrs. Nell Naugatuck
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- David Ketchum as Herman Ellinger
- Judith Lowry as Aunt Polly
- Mitzi McCall as Estelle Ellinger
- Brian Morrison as Phillip Traynor, Carol's son
- Paul Bradley as Party Guest (uncredited)