| Season 6, episode # 19|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||February 2, 1976|
|Production code||619 (6x19)|
|Written by:||Mel Tolkin & Larry Rhine|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:|| Lee Bergere|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Archie Finds a Friend"||"Archie's Weighty Problem"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Mike is forced to reconsider his feelings on Affirmative Action, when he is up for a prestigious job against an equally-qualified black candidate.
Mike is up for a big promotion at work that would send he and Gloria to Minnesota. Archie and Edith aren't too happy. Edith is disappointed but is willing to let them live their own lives, but Archie behaves like a child and makes all kinds of rude comments about their decision.
The only stumbling block between Mike and the job is that he the other candidate is a black man, and the university must hire him because they don't want any problems. The other candidate does get the job and Mike is upset. He tells the Dean that he is fine, but upon leaving, he slams the door and breaks the glass.
- The episode has no scenes in the Bunker home.
- The TV Guide Archie is looking at in the last scene is the issue dated October 6-12, 1973. Diana Rigg is on the cover.
Cast (in credits order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
Guest stars/Recurring cast
More External Liinks