|Season 1, episode # 16|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||January 30, 1973|
|Production code||116 (1x16)|
|Teleplay by:||Alan J. Levitt & Lou Shaw|
|Story by:||Lou Shaw|
|Directed by:||Hal Cooper|
|Guest starring:||Tom Bosley|
|IMDb:||Maude and the Medical Profession|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Walter's 50th Birthday"||"Arthur Moves In"|
Maude and the Medical Profession was the 16th episode of Season 1 of Maude, and the 16th overall episode in the series. Directed by Hal Cooper, the episode, which was written as a teleplay by Alan J. Levitt and Lou Shaw from a story penned by Shaw, originally aired on CBS-TV on January 30, 1973.
|"Maude and the Medical Profession"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
As Maude and Walter are about to go to Italy, she has a rash. Arthur prescribes some medicine but she has a bad reaction to it.
Maude and Walter are all ready to take their second honeymoon to Rome. A tetanus shot Maude received as a prerequisite for travel gives her a rash, and when she encounters a busy doctor who gives her medication without telling her correct dosage, her equilibrium becomes completely off balance, forcing both of them to cancel their trip. Out $800 for their deposit, they are enraged enough to sue the doctor for malpractice.
Did You Know?
- Soundtrack Credits
- And Then There's Maude (series theme song) - Lyrics by Marilyn Bergman (as Marilyn) and Alan Bergman, Music by Dave Grusin, performed by Donny Hathaway
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Adrienne Barbeau
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Esther Rolle as Florida Evans
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Tom Bosley as Dr. Tasko
- Elisabeth Fraser as Nurse
- Bill Zuckert as Fred the Bartender
- Samantha Harper as Shirley
- Russell Gossett as Cab Driver
- Maxine Semon as Confused Patient (uncredited)
More External Links