|Season 1, episode # 22|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||March 20, 1973|
|Production code||122 (1x22)|
|Written by:||Pamela Herbert Chais|
|Directed by:||Hal Cooper|
|IMDb:||Maude's Night Out|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"The Perfect Marriage"||"Walter's Problem: Part 1"|
(Season 2 premiere)
Maude's Night Out was the 22nd and season ending episode of Season 1 of Maude, and the 22nd overall episode in the series. Directed by Hal Cooper, the episode, which was written by Pamela Herbert Chais, originally aired on CBS-TV on March 20, 1973.
|"Maude's Night Out"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Walter is not looking forward to going to a party because the host flirts with Maude. Maude is flattered by the attention she gets, until Walter tells her the man is already involved in an extramarital affair.
While getting ready for Cliff Naylor's party, Maude makes Walter jealous with the revelation that Cliff always checks Maude out. Walter responds by dropping a bomb on Maude: Cliff is cheating on his wife. Maude feels foolish that Cliff went after another woman and perhaps she is not as sexually attractive as she thought she was.
Did You Know?
- Last Tango in Paris (1972 film) - Walter accuses Maude of "carrying on like you just got an invitation to tango with Marlon Brando".
- Soundtrack Credits
- And Then There's Maude (series theme song) - Lyrics by Marilyn Bergman (as Marilyn) and Alan Bergman, Music by Dave Grusin, Performed by Donny Hathaway
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Adrienne Barbeau
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Esther Rolle as Florida Evans
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- No guest stars appear in this episode.