|Season 2, episode # 10|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||November 13, 1973|
|Production code||210 (2x10)|
|Written by:||Woody Kling|
|Directed by:||Hal Cooper|
|Guest starring:||Rue McClanahan|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Vivian's Problem"||"The Will"|
Maude's Musical was the tenth episode of Season 2 of Maude, and the 32nd overall episode in the series. Directed by Hal Cooper, the episode, which was written by Woody Kling, originally aired on CBS-TV on November 13, 1973.
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Maude is in charge of choreographing a charity musical to raise funds for a library. Since it is a tribute to burlesque, she wants all the bumps and grinds to jazz up the show.
Maude is putting together a charity musical to raise money for a library. The musical is set to be in the style of burlesque, however, Arthur, who voices his objections to the skits, is having a problem with almost every sketch that is planned, accusing them of being too daring, distasteful and in some cases pornographic. Maude is quickly faced with an ultimatum, Arthur's way or no musical.
Did You Know?
- Maude (Bea Arthur) sings "Hard Hearted Hannah" during rehearsal for her musical. As Dorothy Zbornak in Golden Girls season 7, episode 18, "Journey to the Center of Attention," Bea reprises the song, albeit a slightly less bawdy version and without the introduction.
- Mary Poppins (1964 film) - Arthur mentions the movie in dialouge
- Soundtrack credits
- Comedy Tonight (song) - Written by Stephen Sondheim
- Lena from Palesteena (song) - Music by J. Russel Robinson, Lyrics by Con Conrad, Performed by Bill Macy
- We're Going to Hang out the Washing on the Siegfried Line (song) - Music by Michael Carr, Lyrics by Jimmy Kennedy, Performed by Conrad Bain
- Hard Hearted Hannah, the Vamp of Savanna (song) - Music by Milton Ager, Lyrics by Jack Yellen, Bob Bigelow, and Charles Bates, Performed by Bea Arthur
- Me and My Shadow (song) - Music by Dave Dreyer, Lyrics by Billy Rose, Performed by Bea Arthur & Esther Rolle
- Girls (song) - Performed by Bill Macy & Conrad Bain
- America, I Love You (song) - Music by Archie Gottler, Lyrics by Edgar Leslie, Performed by Bea Arthur, Bill Macy, Conrad Bain, Rue McClanahan & Adrienne Barbeau
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Adrienne Barbeau
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Esther Rolle as Florida Evans
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Rue McClanahan as Vivian Cavander
- Phil Leeds as Principal Fishman
- Brian Morrison as Phillip Traynor, Carol's son
- Joey Faye as Mousie