|Season 6, episode # 16|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||February 11, 1978|
|Production code||618 (6x16)|
|Written by:||Johnny Bonaduce|
|Directed by:||Hal Cooper|
|Guest starring:||Moses Gunn|
Robbie Preston Williams
|IMDb:||Maude's Foster Child|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"My Husband, The Hero"||"Vivian's Decision"|
Maude's Foster Child was the 16th episode of Season 6 of Maude, and the 133rd overall episode in the series. Directed by Hal Cooper, the episode, which was written by Johnny Bonaduce, originally aired on CBS-TV on February 11, 1978.
|"Maude's Foster Child"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Maude's Ethiopian foster child comes to visit for the first time, thanks to the sponsorship of a local African-American congregation — but when he arrives, Maude discovers he's not quite what any of them expected.
For the past 30 years Maude has been sponsoring an orphan who lives in Ethiopia and after all this time she is excited when she manages to get help from a local church to fly him over to New York. However, Maude's Ethiopian foster child turns out to be something different from what she expected and she is rather shocked to learn that he is of Italian decent.
Did You Know?
This episode marks the final apperance of Richard Kline as Tuggy McKenna.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Carol Traynor
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Rue McClanahan as Vivian Harmon
- Marlene Warfield as Ms. Victoria Butterfield
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Moses Gunn as Rev. James Buick
- Frank Coppola as Ito Sungaree
- Margaret Aikens as Rachel Winters
- Robbie Preston Williams as Jessica Franklin (as Robbie Preston)
- Marva Simmons as Aretha Franklin