| Season 6, episode # 23|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||April 15, 1978|
|Production code||623 (6x23)|
|Written by:||Charlie Hauck|
|Directed by:||Hal Cooper|
|Guest starring:|| Gene Blakely|
|IMDb:||Maude's Big Move: Part 2|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Maude's Big Move: Part 1"|| "Maude's Big Move: Part 3"|
(Season 6 & series finale)
|"Maude's Big Move: Part 2"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Maude's friend Irene, a US Congresswoman, has died, Maude feels bereft. She's also sad, knowing Arthur, Vivian, Carol & Phillip are moving. Maude decides to run for the open position caused by Irene's death, and ends up appointed instead.
Part 2 of three part story. Maude is devastated by the death of her dear friend Irene, a U.S. Congresswoman and this compounds the fact that Carol and Phillip and Arthur and Vivian are moving away. At Irene's wake, Maude gets an inspiration and makes a decision to campaign for Irene's position. Just as Arthur and Vivian leave to move to Idaho, Maude, who's sank into deep depression over her friend's death, soon learns the news, she has been appointed as Irene's replacement.
Did You Know?
- The episode marks the final series apperances of Conrad Bain and Rue McClanahan as Arthur and Vivian Harmon.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Carol Traynor (credited only)
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Rue McClanahan as Vivian Harmon
- Marlene Warfield as Ms. Victoria Butterfield