|Season 3, episode # 8|
|"Archie Bunker's Place" episode|
|Series:||Archie Bunker's Place|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||November 29, 1981|
|Written by:||Jeffrey Ferro & Frederic Weiss|
|Directed by:||Joe Gannon|
|Guest starring:||Celeste Holm|
John Stuart West
|IMDb:||Growing Up Is Hard to Do: Part 1|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Happy Birthday, Stephanie"||"Growing Up Is Hard to Do: Part 2"|
Growing Up Is Hard to Do: Part 1 was the eighth episode of Season 3 of Archie Bunker's Place TV series and also the 52nd overall episode in the series; it also was the first episode in a two-part story. Directed by Joe Gannon, the episode, which was written by Jeffrey Ferro and Frederic Weiss, originally aired on CBS-TV on November 29, 1981.
|"Growing Up Is Hard to Do: Part 1"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Stephanie's father Floyd visits for her Jewish ceremony.
Part 1 of two-part story. Tensions rise when Stephanie's father reappears in the days leading up to her Bat Mitzvah.
Did You Know?
The episode's title is based on the 1962 song "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" by Neil Sedaka that hit number 1 on the Billboard Top 100 on August 11, 1962 and was re-recorded by Neil Sedaka and hit the number 8 on the Adult Contemporary Chart in January 1976.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Danielle Brisebois as Stephanie Mills
- Jason Wingreen as Harry Snowden
- Allan Melvin as Barney Hefner
- Bill Quinn as Mr. Van Ranseleer
- Denise Miller as Billie Bunker
- Barry Gordon as Gary Rabinowitz
- Anne Meara as Veronica Rooney
- Barbara Meek as Ellen Canby
- Abraham Alvarez as Jose Perez
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Joe Rosario as Raoul Rosario
- Celeste Holm as Estelle Harris, Stephanie's grandmother
- Ben Slack as Floyd Mills, Stephanie's father
- Michael Mann as Rabbi Jacobs
- Steve Jones as Maurice
- Luke Andreas as Helper
- Dennis Haskins as Workman
- Ken Hill as Florist
- Larry Ketchum as Musician
- John Stuart West as Man