|Season 7, episode # 22|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / USA|
|Air date||February 19, 1977|
|Production code||722 (7x22)|
|Written by:||Michael Loman, Larry Rhine & Mel Tolkin|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Liz Torres|
Roger C. Carmel
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Mike the Pacifist"||"Mike and Gloria Split"|
Fire is the 22nd episode of Season 7 of All in the Family, and the 154th overall episode in the series. Written by Michael Loman, Larry Rhine and Mel Tolkin, the episode, which was directed by Paul Bogart, originally aired on CBS-TV on February 19, 1977.
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
A bathroom fire drives the Bunkers from the house in the middle of the night. Later Archie expects a handsome insurance check.
The Bunkers and Teresa wake up in the middle of the night to discover a small fire has broken out in the bathroom, which Mike is able to put out in short order. Archie feels that his twenty years of premium payments entitle him to a large insurance payout, but he's in for a shock when the adjuster investigates the cause of the fire.
The is Liz Torres' final appearance as Teresa Betancourt.
- Incorrectly regarded as goofs
- The address on the Bunker house does say 704. The 7 is just worn out so it resembles the number 1.
- Edith: [There's a fire in the house] And our family picture albums.
- Archie: If you find the album, Edith, throw it at the fire. If you really wanna risk your life for something, money. Top of the closet on the shelf there, is a my secret cigar box I never told you about with $108 in it.
- Edith: A hundred and nine.
[Archie is spreading smoke around the room]
- Mike: What are you doing?
- Archie: Did you ever hear of smoke damage?
- Mike: Did you ever hear of fraud?
- Archie: Did you ever hear of getting lucky?
- Mike: Did you ever hear of going to jail?
- Archie: Did you ever hear of shut up?
- Archie: Do you know how to swim?
- Mike: Yeah...
- Archie: Then why don't you go take a flying leap into the middle of Lake Polack?!
- Archie: When the firemen come I want them looking at the fire in the can, not the fire in your Spanish eyes.
- Mike: Ask him if he sells dinosaur insurance.
Cast (in credits order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker (credited only)
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Liz Torres as Teresa Betancourt
- Allan Melvin as Barney Hefner
- Roger C. Carmel as Mr. Ligway, the Fire Insurance salesman
- Fred Ottaviano as Fireman (uncredited)