| Season 1, episode # 21|
|"Archie Bunker's Place" episode|
|Series:||Archie Bunker's Place|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||February 17, 1980|
|Written by:||Bob Schiller & Bob Weiskopf|
|Directed by:||Dick Martin|
|Guest starring:||Phillip Mote|
|IMDb:||Father and Daughter Night|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Archie Fixes Up Fred"||"Van Ranseleer's Operation"|
Father and Daughter Night was the 21st episode of Season 1 of the Archie Bunker's Place TV series and also the 21st overall episode in the series. Directed by Dick Martin, the episode, which was written by Bob Schiller and Bob Weiskopf, originally aired on CBS-TV on February 17, 1980.
|"Father and Daughter Night"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Murray steps in when Archie refuses to appear in the father and daughter talent show at Stephanie's school.
Stephanie needs a father for a talent show. When Archie is unwilling Murray steps in. Archie becomes jealous of Murray and Stephanie. Archie and Murray decide they will both perform with Stephanie. They lose the contest, but the gang at the bar convinces the trio to give them a personal performance.
Did You Know?
- After Stephanie asks Murray to join her for Father and Daughter night at school we see him playing a short piano solo in the bar. When he finishes, Mr. Van Ranseleer quotes William Congreve by saying "Music has charms to soothe a savage beast." During the Season 5 All in the Family episode, "Mike's Friend" (#14), Mike Stivic (Rob Reiner) uses this same comment when he corrects Gloria for saying "Music has charms to soothe a savage beast."
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Danielle Brisebois as Stephanie Mills
- Martin Balsam as Murray Klein
- Jason Wingreen as Harry Snowden
- Allan Melvin as Barney Hefner
- Danny Dayton as Hank Pivnik
- Bill Quinn as Mr. Van Ranseleer
- Anne Meara as Veronica Rooney
- Abraham Alvarez as Jose Perez