| Season 5, episode # 21|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||March 14, 1977|
|Production code||522 (5x21)|
|Written by:||Elliot Shoenman|
|Directed by:||Hal Cooper|
|Guest starring:|| Larry Gelman|
|IMDb:||Arthur's New Best Friend|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Maude's Aunt"||"Vivian's Surprise"|
|"Arthur's New Best Friend"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Walter and Arthur each have new best friends.
Walter is surprised when Arthur suddenly stops spending time with him and it seems Arthur has replaced Walter with Wendell Glendale as his new best friend. Walter is jealous of Arthur's new friendship, and his sense of loneliness and betrayal makes Maude in turn feel bad and Walter sets out to make Arthur jealous by making Hubie Binder, Arthur's co-worker his new best friend.
Did You Know?
- Hubie Binder: Hey, Stop them, they're fighting!
- Maude: No, don't worry about it, Hubie, that's the way friends behave.
- Hubie Binder: Really? Walter's never punched me.
- Maude: He's come very close.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Bea Arthur as Maude Findlay (as Beatrice Arthur)
- Bill Macy as Walter Findlay
- Adrienne Barbeau as Carol Traynor
- Conrad Bain as Arthur Harmon
- Rue McClanahan as Vivian Harmon
- Hermione Baddeley as Mrs. Nell Naugatuck