|Season 6, episode # 17|
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||January 12, 1976|
|Production code||613 (6x17)|
|Written by:||Lou Derman & Bill Davenport|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:||Jack Somack|
|IMDb:||Archie the Babysitter|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"New Year's Wedding"||"Archie Finds a Friend"|
Archie the Babysitter is the 17th episode from the sixth season of All in the Family, and the 125th overall episode of the series. Co-written by Lou Derman and Bill Davenport,the episode, which was directed by Paul Bogart, first aired on CBS-TV on January 12, 1976.
|"Archie the Babysitter"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Mike and Gloria are going out for the evening, and Archie is less than pleased with the babysitter they have chosen (a young student of Mike's), and her hippie boyfriend, but when he alienates the pair they leave, leaving him to babysit his grandson.
It is finally time for Mike and Gloria to have a break from little Joey for the evening and they hire a babysitter named Sharyl to watch him. Archie checks in but is none too thrilled by her choice of studies - Aboriginal sexuality - nor her hippie boyfriend whom she takes to smooching with on the couch. Archie throws them both out and takes little Joey over to his house just as the guys are converging for their poker night. He becomes irritated by the chatter and the noise from his buddies until they come together to try and help little Joey get to sleep.
- David Harper's albums that were shown on screen were The Grateful Dead's 'Blues For Allah' and The Rolling Stones' 'It's Only Rock 'n Roll'.
- When Archie changes his grandson's diaper, the original broadcast version showed the infant's genitals, the first case of full-frontal nudity on American commercial television. Subsequent airings, including the syndicated version, do not include the "nude scene". The repeats aired on Canada's DejaView channel show the episode unedited.
- Jean Stapleton does not appear in this episode.
Cast (in credits order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
Guest stars/Recurring cast
- Jack Somack as Tony Stilberforce
- Joe Mantell as Sidney Schwartz
- Bob Hastings as Tommy Kelsey
- Kenneth Menard as Willie Johnson (as Ken Menard)
- Leslie Ackerman as Sharon Talbot
- Thad Geer as David Harper
More External Liinks