| Season 1, episode # 4|
|"Archie Bunker's Place" episode|
|Series:||Archie Bunker's Place|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||October 7, 1979|
|Written by:||Milt Josefsberg & Bill Larkin|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:|| Sheree North|
|IMDb:||Archie and the Oldest Profession|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Edith Gets Hired"||"Edith Versus the Energy Crisis"|
Archie and the Oldest Profession is the fourth episode of Season 1 of the Archie Bunker's Place TV series and also the 4th overall episode of the series. Directed by Paul Bogart, the episode, which was written by Milt Josefsberg and Bill Larkin, originally aired on CBS-TV on October 7, 1979.
|"Archie and the Oldest Profession"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Archie and Murray discover that a local hooker has been soliciting customers at the bar.
Archie's Place has acquired a new regular customer, Dottie. However, Archie and Murray discover that she is a prostitute and is conducting her business at the bar. This is bad for the bar's image. How can they convince her to leave?
Did You Know?
- The title refers to the "oldest profession" and most commonly that is described as the career of the prostitute.
- King Kong (1933 film) - Mentioned in character dialogue
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Danielle Brisebois as Stephanie Mills
- Martin Balsam as Murray Klein
- Jason Wingreen as Harry Snowden
- Allan Melvin as Barney Hefner (credited only)
- Danny Dayton as Hank Pivnik
- Bill Quinn as Mr. Van Ranseleer
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
More External Links