|Season 1, episode # 10|
Archie can't sleep because he's worried about possible layoffs at the loading dock where he works in "Archie Is Worried About His Job" in season 1 (ep.#10).
|"All in the Family" episode|
|Series:||All in the Family|
|Air date||March 16, 1971|
|Production code||110 (1x10)|
|Teleplay by:||Norman Lear, Don Nicholl & Bryan Joseph|
|Story by:||William Bickley, Jr.|
|Directed by:||John Rich|
|Guest starring:||Hollis Irving|
|IMDb:||Archie Is Worried About His Job|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Edith Has Jury Duty"||"Gloria Discovers Women's Lib"|
Archie Is Worried About His Job is the tenth episode of the first season of CBS-TV's All in the Family series, and also the tenth overall series episode. Written as a teleplay by Norman Lear, Don Nicholl, and Bryan Joseph, which was developed from a story by William Bickley Jr., the episode originally aired on March 16, 1971.
|"Archie Is Worried About His Job"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
Archie can't sleep because he's worried about possible layoffs at the loading dock where he works.
Worried that he will be fired from his job, Arch spends a nervous evening seated at the telephone, while a steady stream of eccentric characters -- a nosy cop (Sandy Kenyon), a noisy drunk (Jack Perkins), and a confused neighbor (Hollis Irving) -- make a bad situation worse. The best scene finds Archie hauntingly recalling his father's reaction to sudden unemployment during the Depression.
- Burt Mustin, who later joined the cast as Justin Quigley, is here cast as Harry Feeney, an elderly security guard.*
- This episode offers a few clues as to what makes Archie Bunker "tick."
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Rob Reiner as Michael Stivic
- Sally Struthers as Gloria Bunker Stivic
- Hollis Irving as Clara Weidermeyer (as Holly Irving)
- Sandy Kenyon as Dave the Cop
- Burt Mustin as Harry Feeney
- Jack Perkins as The Drunk who's Dave's Boss
- Keith Taylor as Pizza King Delivery Guy (uncredited)
More External Links