| Season 1, episode # 1|
|"Archie Bunker's Place" episode|
|Series:||Archie Bunker's Place|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / U.S.|
|Air date||September 23, 1979|
|Written by:||Patt Shea & Harriett Weiss|
|Directed by:||Paul Bogart|
|Guest starring:|| Connie Sawyer|
|IMDb:||Archie's New Partner: Part 1|
|« Previous||Next »|
|"Archie's New Partner: Part 2"|
Archie's New Partner: Part 1 was the pilot episode of Archie Bunker's Place, the spinoff of its parent series, All in the Family, and the first of a Season 1 opening two-part story arc. Directed by Paul Bogart, the episode, which was written by series creators Patt Shea and Harriett Weiss, originally aired on CBS-TV on September 23, 1979.
|"Archie's New Partner: Part 1"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
When Archie decides to buy the business next to his and turn Archie's Place into a bar and grille, Harry gets cold feet and decides to sell his share of the business.
Archie decides to expand his bar, Archie Bunker's Place, into a restaurant. In the meantime, Harry has decided to sell his half of the bar to Jewish liberal Murray Klein. Archie, being the bigot he is, tries in vain to get a loan to buy Harry out. Part 1 of of a two-part story.
Did You Know?
- he dialog establishes that Archie and Harry have an equal partnership with each of them owning half of the business, though in the Season 9 episode of All in the Family titled "Archie's Road Back" (#20), it was clearly agreed to be a 60%/40% partnership with Archie owning the majority. So either Harry bought another 10% of the business since the partnership had been established or the show simply decided to ignore the previously established history.
- Murray's mother is played by Connie Sawyer who was only seven years older than Martin Balsam. The role of his Aunt was played by Florence Halop who was over three years younger than Balsam.
- The first All in the Family related project to be taped at CBS Television City since the end of the fifth season. The series had previously taped at Metromedia Square.
- Norma Donaldson reprises the role of Ms. Watson (loan officer) at Archie's bank, she had first played the same part in the Season 8 opening episodes of All in the Family titled "Archie Gets the Business (Part 1)" "Archie Gets the Business (Part 2)" (#1, #2).
- Both episodes of the "Archie's New Partner" story arc, parts 1 and 2, was originally an hour-long episode, that were broken into two for syndication.
Cast (in Credits Order)
- Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker
- Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker
- Danielle Brisebois as Stephanie Mills
- Martin Balsam as Murray Klein
- Jason Wingreen as Harry Snowden
- Allan Melvin as Barney Hefner
- Danny Dayton as Hank Pivnik
- Bill Quinn as Mr. Van Ranseleer
Guest Stars/Recurring Cast
- Connie Sawyer as Rose "Mama" Klein, Murray's mother
- Florence Halop as Aunt Gussie
- Jay Gerber as Levy the Lawyer
- Norma Donaldson as Ms. Watson
More External Links