|The All In The Family TV show Wiki|
|Welcome, TV sitcom fans!|
This wiki is a tribute to the to the now-classic 1971-79 CBS television comedy series produced by Bud Yorkin and Norman Lear, who also brought you the classic TV sitcoms Maude (which is also featured on this wiki), The Jeffersons, Good Times, Sanford and Son and One Day At A Time.
Welcome to The All In The Family TV show Wiki
We are currently editing over 1,325 articles, and you can help!!!
Community Portal | About this wiki | New pages | Categories | Wiki tutorial | Help pages
|About this wiki|
Welcome to All In The Family, a wiki devoted to the now-classic CBS television comedy series produced by Bud Yorkin and Norman Lear, who also brought you the classic TV sitcoms Maude, The Jeffersons, Good Times, Sanford and Son and One Day At A Time.
|About the "AITF" TV series|
All In The Family was an iconic, ground-breaking, American situation comedy series that ran on the CBS television network. It was based on the BBC British TV sitcom Till Death Do Us Part, which was produced and written by Johnny Speight. The series premiered on 12 January 1971 and ended on 8 April 1979; its successor was a continuation series called Archie Bunker's Place which ran for four seasons (23 September 1979 - 3 April 1983).
All in the Family is about a cantankerous, boorish, conservative, narrow-minded and outspokenly-bigoted New York City dock worker / part-time cab driver-turned-bar & grill owner Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor) and his kind and loving but somewhat naive "dingbat" wife Edith (Jean Stapleton), their daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers) and their liberal-minded "Meathead" son-in-law Mike (Rob Reiner). For most of the series, circumstances force them all to live together under one roof: a house in a working-class neighborhood in Astoria, Queens.
For his role, Carroll O'Connor was nominated for eight Emmy Awards as "Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series"; he won the award four times (1972, 1977, 1978 and 1979).
During its run, the show featured other notable characters and subplots which tackled many controversial topics at the time such as war, racism, homosexuality, religion, sexism, race, politics, subjects which had never been tackled on TV at all (aside from maybe the news) before, let alone on primetime TV. The show would inspire and lead to two other successful, concurrently-running spinoff TV series: Maude and The Jeffersons.
Throughout its nine seasons, All In The Family ran for a total of 210 episodes.
|Latest News Feeds|
2022/01/06 16:00- -
- As enjoyable as these old TV shows are, one unfortunate legacy plagues ... and Estelle Getty—were all established comedic actresses when they signed on to the show, but it was the time they ......
2021/12/20 04:20- -
- And why were Will and Grace not speaking all of those years? These were the burning questions TV viewers needed to know when they tuned in to their favorite TV series finales during the heyday of ......
2021/12/16 15:00- -
- All in the Family ... (Jean Stapleton) and, more contentiously, his women’s liberation-minded daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers) and her hippy-dippy beau Michael, aka “Meathead” (Rob Reiner)....
2021/12/08 12:16- -
- The past 20 years or so are known as the “New Golden Age of Television,” or “Peak TV ... shows with 1,000 user votes or more. The ratings were current as of January 29, 2020. Taking it all ......
2021/11/30 07:31- -
- In the 2005 episode "Goo Goo Gai Pan," the family travels to China to adopt a baby. The Simpsons clan stops in Beijing's Tiananmen Square where they find a sign that says, "On this site ......
|Join the discussion - and become a part of the "family"|
Welcome! Thank you for visiting and sharing our wiki with other fans of the show. Help us continue to grow by becoming a contributor now!  We invite you to log in and create a user account.
Welcome, fans!! Welcome to this Wikia, we welcome any contributions! We invite you to log in and create a user name.
Creating a user name is free and takes only a minute and it gives you greater anonymity if that is your wish. In addition, it is easier for other contributors to ask you questions and help you.
- Of course, we hope you continue to make contributions, even if not logged in.
- If you are new to Wikia or wikis in general, please visit the Community portal for an outline of some of the main parts of the site and links to pages that show you how to edit.
- Discussion of any aspect of the site, and inquiries, can be made at the Forum or on the "discussion" page associated with each article. Please sign and date your contributions there, so that readers know "who to talk to" and whether your message is probably still of current interest.
|Creating/Editing new pages|
You are welcome to browse what we have, create a new article (just click on one of the many red links you see), fix an existing article, or participate in one of our Community Projects to make the wiki a better information source.
We are constantly adding new files to this wiki. Any additional or updated information on both All In The Family and Archie Bunker's Place TV series is greatly appreciated, with as many good reliable sources and references as you can find. Add yours!
To write a new All in the Family TV show Wiki article, enter the page title in the box below.
|External links/Featured Websites|
- All In The Family Online - Contains information about the All In The Family TV series and a fan discussion forum.
- http://www.allinthefamilysit.com/ Welcome, You Meatheads and Dingbats! Visit "All In The Family" TV show tribute site with Archie Bunker. Plus, All In The Family and Archie Bunker's Place DVDs, photos, cast and character bios, Archie Bunker quotes, videos, episode guides, and more!